World's Coolest Pulpit


This morning I introduced my new handcrafted northwoods pulpit. My artist friend, Jerry Zamber, created it from trees in the woods behind his house.
It has a "rustic" hand-hewn look, and is packed with meaning. There are three biblical themes woven into this sacred desk.
1. Creation: It reminds us of God's creative hand at work in our world. All things were made by Him.
2. Cross: Jesus died on the cross to redeem us. The pulpit reminds us of the price He paid on our behalf.
3. Community: Symbolized by the various supporting branches at the bottom. We really do need each other, and rely on one other for strength and support. It also speaks of John 15. "I am the Vine, you are the branches."
Our cracked plexiglass podium has seen better days, and is now relegated to the basement with the other "former pulpits" of the church.

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:01 PM

    cool! i want a pulpit like that -- pastor john

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:08 AM

    Definitely a 'step-up' from plexiglass. Really fits your 'neck of the woods'. My kind of Wilderness Lodge decor. Hopefully Sam and I will get to visit and see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession