Big Fish Vow Renewal


Yesterday, I conducted a marriage vow renewal in the mouth of "The Big Muskie" -- the great Hayward landmark.

Clint, the creative husband, decided to surprise his wife on their fifth wedding aniversary. He arranged to have her kidnapped, blindfolded, and delivered to the muskie mouth (located at the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.)

Several fishermen friends gathered, and Clint was thoughtful enough to contact Terrell, the omnipresent photographer from the Sawyer County Record.

When they removed Teri's blindfold, I thought she was going to sock him one for a moment -- but she ended up being a good sport, and by the time we were finished, everyone was wiping tears.

The groom apologized to me for not having an honorarium, as he was running short on cash. That was fine with me, as I wasn't expecting one.

Then, he happened to mention that Teri is a pie baker for Norske Nook, and that she recently won a blue ribbon at the national pie contest for her invention: white chocolate raspberry.

"I'll bake you one!" Teri beamed. I accepted!
Sometimes, ministry is really sweet.


Comments

  1. I was going to comment that I HOPED she was also a fisherman - - - but perhaps your description of how she responded when the blindfold came off tells it all - - -

    Also - - - perhaps not all your readers know about Norske Nook pies - - - but THIS reader does, and methinks you got a better deal than an honorarium!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies