Christina's Faith


Yesterday, at the end of the worship services, I invited people who desired prayer to come forward.

I prayed with over a dozen different people with a wide variety of needs. It was a joy to pray with a friend to commit her life to Christ.

One lady, whose husband is suffering from a serious illness came forward. "I know why you're here." I said, assuming it was on behalf of her husband. To this she replied, "I am concerned for my son. He needs Jesus." In her heart, this was the most urgent and pressing need. I stood properly rebuked.

Christina, a young lady with downs syndrome came forward for prayer. "I hurt right here," she said, pointing to her ear. I anoined her with oil, laying my hand over her ear, and prayed for her healing.

Later in the day, Cathy and I ended up at Christina's house for her brother's graduation party. "How's your ear?" I inquired. "ALL BETTER!" she beamed.

Then a cloud of concern came over her face, "but Sophie's scared."

The noisy crowd had frightened her little puppy, which was shaking, wide-eyed in her lap.

Then, a lightbulb turned on inside Christina. She motioned for me to come near, laid her hand on her Sophie's head, and prayed, "Dear Jesus, Help Sophie not to be scared anymore. Amen."

A couple of minutes later, Christina and her puppy bounded up to me. "Pastor Mark!! Look!! Look!! Look!! Sophie's not scared anymore!"

Sure enough, her little dog had calmed down completely, and seemed to be enjoying the party.

Oh, for a simple childlike faith.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:55 AM

    OOHHH! The wonderful love of a faithful animal friend. Humans could take a lesson in friendship from dogs and other animals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies