Church Today

Church today was a real blessing to me. We did everything backwards.

After my son, Ryan, sang an original composition as a "Call to Worship" and a couple of brief announcements, I got up right away and preached a message on worship (from Isaiah 6) -- we didn't sing ANY songs before the sermon.

Then, after I'd finished preaching, our praise team lead us in an extended time of praise and worship. It was powerful -- especially at the first two services.

I had the opportunity to pray with a young man after church to get right with God. That was a joy. Another young man in his 20's came up to me - - tears in his eyes -- hugged me tight and walked away without saying a word. I think God's at work in him.

Wow -- come to think of it, we sure sang a lot: seven songs at each of our three services, that's 21 songs in all. Not even the pentecostals sing that much!! No wonder I'm tired.

I guess this should be expected when one goes to worship. After all, the word "liturgy" literally means WORK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies