Morning, Noon and Night

During my sermon this morning, I shared several verses from the Psalms about praising God all day long -- in the morning, in the evening and through the day.

Several people asked me for a list of the verses, so I thought I would post them here:
-----------------------------
"Evening, and morning, and at noon will I pray. . ." Ps. 55:17 (KJV)

"On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings." Ps. 63:6-7

"In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Ps. 5:3

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Ps. 25:4-5

"You hem me in -- behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me." Ps. 139:5

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Ps. 68:19

"Unless the Lord builds the house, it's builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain. In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat -- for he grants sleep to those he loves." Ps. 127:2

"Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you." Ps. 116:7

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Ps. 4:8

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:56 AM

    Would you please post the verse lyrics for the morning, night, and midnight hymmns that we sang in church yesterday? Thanks!! and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings