Go Jump in a Lake

Yesterday, with the mercury hitting high 90's and no air conditioning, the Wilson gang decided to go jump in a lake. We piled in the van and headed for the Big Pond -- Gitchee-gumee -- Lake Superior.

On the way, we experienced our first "bear sighting" of the summer: a momma with three little cubs. I stopped the vehicle and we gawked until they meandered back into the woods.

Park Point, a sandbar in Duluth, was our final destination point. The water was cold and invigorating.

I slipped away for a few minutes, changed into appropriate "pastoral visitation" attire, and went to St. Mary's Hospital to say a prayer with my friend, Judy Gorud. It was a delightful surprise to find her out of intensive care and back in the "land of the livng."

After a brief visit, I changed back into my swimming suit, and joined back up with the gang at the lake.

Comments

  1. Judy Gourd - - - one of the few people I would still know because they attended way back in the day - - - Hope she continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings