Piper on Church Planting

John Piper on launching new churches:

Jesus never said, "I will build my social service agency."
He never said, "I will build my parachurch ministry."
He never said, "I will build my university or my Christian college or my Christian school."
He said, “I will build my church.”

One institution in all the universe is given this promise. ‘I will build my church.’ So, brothers, be encouraged that you are about something extraordinarily important.

I = A Risen Christ, worthy of eternal worship, is the one who plants the church.

Will build = Christ builds His church through “ripping the gates of hell off of the human heart… so they can see.”

My = The church belongs to Jesus Christ and Jesus is already at work in the city where you are planting. “For I have many people in this city” (Acts 18:10)

Church = Only one institution in the entire universe is given the promise that Jesus will build it.
(via Jonathan Herron, via Ed Stetzer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies