Sabbath Breaker

Cathy was still out of town Sunday afternoon, when I realized we had a towel crisis. I had taken the kids (and friends) swimming more than once -- and that left us with a clean towel shortage -- and a pile of wet towels in the laundry room that needed washing.

Now, I was raised not to do chores on Sunday -- and laundry certainly qualified for the "don't do this or you're a Sabbath breaker" list.

But, this past Sunday, it seemed to me that the ox was in the ditch -- and besides, what harm would be done by doing a load of swimming towels?

I stuffed the washer to the brim, and then went upstairs to play a game with the family. A little while later, one of my kids sniffed and said, "Hey, I smell smoke!"

Following my nose, I went downstairs to investigate -- found a smoke filled laundry room and an "agitated" washing machine. Too many towels, I think, burned up the motor.

So, I piled to sopping wet towels into a basket, lugged them upstairs, and aired my dirty laundry on the back deck.

I guess that's what a preacher gets for doing laundry on Sunday.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:34 AM

    Must be a weekend for Wilson Towel Crisis. Our entire hotel seemed to be having one while visiting our daughter, Jill and her family. Oh well, such a minor crisis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:18 AM

    This is why my husband is barely allowed to even touch the washer.

    The dishwasher is of course a whole other story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that's what you get for doing towel laundry on Sunday - - - I think that's what you get for stuffing too many towels in the washer at once - - - regardless of which day it is!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies