Catching Up

"In the deep jungles of Africa, a traveler was making a long trek. Coolies had been engaged from a tribe to carry the loads. The first day they marched rapidly and went far. The traveler had high hopes of a speedy journey. But the second morning these jungle tribesmen refused to move. For some strange reason they just sat and rested. On inquiry as to the reason for this strange behavior, the traveler was informed that they had gone too fast the first day, and that they were now waiting for their souls to catch up with their bodies."

-- Lettie Cowman, Springs in the Valley

Comments

  1. This photo makes me think of "The Gods Must Be Crazy" - - - a really, really funny movie that also makes you think - - - have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:35 AM

    seen it -- a delightful movie -- have not been able to find it in recent years. my kids don't have any idea what I'm talking about when I mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:04 AM

    That's exactly how I feel today after being gone for the past two weeks, one week of Flame and one week in Northern Wisconsin with some of my kids; then driving the motorhome for three days to get home: trouble is I have a sermon to finish for Sunday.I hope at least my mind catches up with me. God Bless Mark; Steve

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession