Demise of the 25 Dates Blog

Like a short lived CBS sitcom, our 25 Special Dates blog has come and gone -- within 48 hours.

Cathy and I had a delightful 25th Aniversary Celebration yesterday -- including two dates in one day -- giving a new definition to "double dating."

After some reflection and discussion, we decided NOT to proceed with our 25 Dates Blog. It was a good idea at first -- but then, the ramifications settled in.

We want our dates to be ours alone -- and not spectator events for public analysis. We live in a spotlight already -- and a "date by date review" is not in the best interest of nurturing romance.

So --we are well on our way to 25 wonderful, romantic dates over the next 12 months. I might post about some of our special experiences -- but mostly, you'll just have to guess what we did!

I'm still looking for some more good date ideas, though.

I also wish to thank the congregation for all the quarters we received in honor of our Silver 25th. We paid for one of our dates (including the tip) yesterday in quarters. Boy, was the cashier surprised!

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:55 PM

    I make one comment about you looking old and you shut the entire thing down. :)

    Somethings are meant to be shared by just each other.

    Jonathan Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quarters are awesome. I remember once paying at Burger King drive thru with all ones (20 of them) I told the guy, "I am sorry about all the ones but I'm a stripper." My wife could have killed me. You should have seen the employees reaction when my wife made me tell them what I really do for a living!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to see the blog go - - - I would have enjoyed it, though I do understand your reasons.

    I haven't come up with any brilliant ideas - - -just two thoughts.

    Being a HUGE football fan myself, I thought take her to dinner somewhere nearby and then to a Hurricane football game.

    I also thought of the Mall of America - - - Bubba Gump's was a really fun place to eat there, and there's no sales tax on clothing in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:53 AM

    I'm glad you decided to keep your 25 dates on a more private basis. That's something very special between you and Cathy. You're both so very special to all of us, but as you said, you are so visible. You need some hide-away time! God bless you, and God bless your marriage.
    Gary & Sue B.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings