Dunk Tanks and Dilly Bars

In a weak moment, I agreed to be in the dunk tank for Relay for Life yesterday. Hannah went along for moral support -- sort of. A big group of grinning folks lined up to "dunk the preacher." Kind of a "turn-around" baptism. I think I went down 30 times in 20 minutes.


As Hannah and I were leaving, we heard the announcement for the Dilly Bar eating contest -- so decided to stay and reclaim our titles (We both won two years ago.)

We pulled it off this year as well -- once again Hayward's Dilly Bar eating champions! Our little friend, Jackson Davis won his age division too -- an all around Wesleyan Pastors' Family Sweep.

Someone gasped when they saw how fast I could eat a Dilly Bar. "How in the world do you eat that fast?" they asked. I replied, "It's easy. When you have five kids, you have to eat fast in order to get seconds!"

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:22 PM

    Eating is definitly one thing Wesleyan Pastors know how to do well. :)

    Next time your in Ohio I would like to challenge you. I'll buy the Dilly Bars.

    Jonathan Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats a Dilly Bar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:39 PM

    A Dilly Bar is a round vanilla ice cream treat on a stick (coated in chocolate, strawberry or butterscotch). It's a Dairy Queen product.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies