FLAME

Had a great week teaching FLAME courses this past week -- Church Leadership and Spiritual Formation. Met some outstanding students, who are (and are preparing to be) effective leaders in the Wesleyan Church.

It was an unusual week of teaching, as every spare moment of free time, someone wanted to talk with me about issues of life and ministry. I didn't mind it a bit, and was happy to help -- but found myself totally whipped by the end of the day.

Arrived safely home last evening to joyfully reunite with my family after waiting three and a half hours at the airport for my suitcase. I think the luggage handlers in Chicago will live long because they certainly resist the impulse to rush.

I don't have to preach, or do anything in the services today -- I'll just be a pew potato for a change!

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:39 PM

    I truly enjoyed our class-time last week. You used verbage that even us "goobers" could understand, and your use of word pictures (feeding the goose, God's bubble, balancing the triangle, etc.) is a wonderful gift.
    Thank you for being a tool in the hand of God. He used you to take me to another level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:29 PM

    Thank you for giving so much to us. I felt like "the Sponge" but found myself grasping some truths I have been struggling with. Keep it up, We will keep praying for your ministry. BLESS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back blogging!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had an awesome time in SF class. God really used you to stretch me that week. I am beginning to see the fruits of that stretching in my personal life and ministry. We baptized 10 this past Sunday and things are really looking good. I had a tough experience on the way home from that class, you might want to read about it on my blog, I just posted it today. www.onerockcryingout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession