Four Generation Baptism

Here's something special to celebrate.

A couple of weeks ago, we baptized four generations of the same family in one dunk! We immersed grandma, mom, daughter, and two grandkids all together at the same time. They shared a beautiful story of their faith journey before the baptism.

LaVerda, the grandma, recently lost her husband, after a long illness. It was through this dark and difficult experience that the whole family drew near to Jesus. LaVerda is a living example of peace in the valley.

Comments

  1. Mark, I think this is amazing. Our family had similar situation that brought all of us to Christ as well. Six years ago I was living with my husband and son in North Carolina where my husband was stationed at Ft. Bragg. We were just celebrating our 1st Anniversary when my mom called in tears. She proceeded to tell me that my stepdad who I loved and adored had been arrested. As if this wasn't shocking enough, the reason for his arrest was even more disturbing. My stepdad, an emergency room doctor, pillar of the community, and the best dad I'd ever had, was arrested for solicitation for murder. He was trying to have my mom killed...and later this was revealed to have been his 4th attempt. No one saw it coming...everyone including our family and my mom thought that they had a perfect marriage. His arrest felt like he died, only worse. Our family suffered greatly, but we also found God. Through His example in Christ Jesus, we have found a way to forgive. Though I have nothing to do with my stepdad now, I still love him and pray for him to have a repentant heart and to be forgiven. Tara Doolittle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:56 PM

    What a great story Mark. It's days like that that make ministry worth it. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies