Today

Today, the youth mission teams to Mexico and inner city Philly are in charge of the worship services. My job is to sit in the "amen" corner.

I don't have the "day off" from preaching entirely though. I'm scheduled to preach at the County Fair (in the cow tent. I'm sure they will be deeply mooooved.)

After our last service, we'll have our annual picnic and baptism at a private lake in the area.

I'm praying for sunshine until the big event is over. But, my "sunshine prayers" didn't work too well yesterday. Caitlyn's outdoor "sunflower" wedding turned into on the porch, under the umbrellas, "rain-flower" nuptuals. At least weddings are not like baseball games -- they don't get rained out. Also, rain on a wedding day is a reminder that marriage requires flexibility with a good attitude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings