Asterisk

The online voting results are in: The baseball Barry Bonds hit for his 756th homerun will be branded with an asterisk and sent to Cooperstown.

Now, here's an important lesson for ministers of the Gospel. Live and serve in such a way that when your race is over, there won't be an asterisk behind your name. . .
"He was a talented pastor, but. . ."
Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. (I Cor. 9:26-27)
God did not choose you to be a spectacular record setter. He did not choose you to impress others. He did not choose you to be brilliant.
He chose you to be holy.
He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight, in love. Eph. 1:4


Comments

  1. Anonymous12:52 PM

    Joel and I both voted for the winning choice. Brand that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor, I'd like to email you with a question but didn't find an email link on your site. If you will email me at w2wkb at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would enlarge upon this to say - - - ALL OF US should live our lives in such a way as to NOT have an asterisk behind our name when we die!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies