Prince of the Universe


My friend, Naomi, recently reported on her primary Sunday School Class:

As we talked about this week's Bible verse--the Lord your God is God in heaven above and on earth below-- how that means everywhere-- one of the boys asked if that meant that Jesus is the Prince of the Universe.
At first (and coming from a boy) I thought maybe this is a concept directly from some action-packed video game. We talked about this a bit, who Jesus is, and the Trinity.
One girl said she has a sister named Trinity. When I asked about who's in the Trinity--Father, Son, and --?
Someone said, "the moon?"
I told them that one name for Jesus is the Prince of Peace, so yes, we can think of him as a prince. But the more I thought about it, the more beautiful the idea seemed--wherever it came from! Maybe just the mind of a seven year old. It's great to be back in class!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies