Big Tree or Big Forest?


Great blog interview of Bob Roberts at Ed Stetzer's blog -- Glocalization!

Over 100 congregations have been planted from Bob's church, Northwood Community, in Texas.

Just yesterday, my dear friend, Roger Ciskie, told me that Summit Church in Naples, Florida (where he attends), has grown to 1200 people, since it launched three years ago. This week, they'll open their new facility -- which seats 600 -- intentionally. They have also launched eight other congregations during that short span of time.

Their main focus is not just to build a bigger church and hope the community comes. Rather, they believe God is calling them to reach out and bring the love of Jesus to every man, woman, boy and girl in the entire region -- and to also bless the nations. That requires multiple churches.

Now, that's missional!

I've been re-reading Phil Stevenson's excellent book on this subject, The Ripple Church. Ordered a copy of it for all my board members and pastoral staff.

What's better? One big tree or a big forest?
I think, when I grow up, I want to be a Johnny Appleseed, or a Forest Ranger.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies