Prayer Concerns

My brother, Steve, is in the hospital with the dangerous new "superbug" staph infection. I'd really appreciate it if you would remember him and his wife, Sandy, in your prayers. He was really sick -- and has undergone some major surgery. Still not out of the woods.

Pray also for our Wesleyan brothers and sisters in Nicaragua. Heavy rains and flooding have forced many from their homes.

My mother told me today that there was a brutal murder just a few houses up the road from her home. A 39 year old mother was stabbed to death by her daughter's ex-boyfriend. News reports say that he had parked his car at the church down the road . This means that after the slaying, he walked right past my mother's house (or through her field) to get back to his vehicle. Creepy. Please pray for the victim's family as well as the family of the young man who committed this horrible crime.

I received an e-mail from my online friend, Hanna Massad, who pastors in the Gaza Strip. One of his members, Rami Ayyad, manager of the local Christian bookstore, was kidnapped and slain last week. Please pray for his wife and two little children. This is a very dark time for our brothers and sisters in Gaza.

Finally, Max McGee, former Packer great, and radio announcer, age 75, fell off his roof (he was trying to blow off leaves) yesterday and died. Please pray for his family.

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:55 PM

    I will be praying with you about your brother. My son had MRSA last November and nearly died. It progressed to meningitis and produced a blood clot behind his left eye. God was faithful and spared his life. Every doctor testifies that he is a miracle. He is on his way to a full recovery. Contact me if we can encourage your family in any way. (www.billsimmonslive.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family and I will be praying for your brother, and your entire family. I've been in your shoes. It's a helpless feeling, but we need to remind ourselves that prayer is so powerful! I will also be praying for peace for your mom. I know full well the fear that creeps in when a crime like that hits so close to home.

    Lifting you and your family up in prayer,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies