Friday, February 08, 2008

Homiletics, A Cold, and a Fender Bender

Today, I taught a Homiletics Course at the church (the art of preaching.) It is a Wisconsin District Extension Class, preparing ministers-in-training for ordination in a non-traditional setting.

My five students are bright and eager learners, with a refreshing zeal for the Lord. They've been a blessing.

The class goes all day tomorrow, and then they will hang around for worship on Sunday, with a follow-up conversation about what they experienced. I'm looking forward to. . .

Well, I ALMOST look forward to it. I've not been feeling well -- Yesterday, was in bed all day with a bad cold -- and it hit me hard again as the class was concluding.

I'd asked my family to pray for my strength during the class. I should have asked them to pray for healing beyond it too!

Also, received a call this afternoon that our son, Ryan was in an automobile accident while driving towards Chicago. Nobody was hurt, and for that, I am very grateful.

Well, off to bed -- and I feel guilty playing hookie from Church Valentine Banquet tonight. I just don't have the juice left in me to do another thing.

Hopefully, I'll feel better in the morning.

2 comments:

JustinJNierer said...

Glad that Ryan is ok.

Did you steal..err "borrow" any good preaching ideas from your students?

JC said...

I'm glad your son is okay. So, you're a pastor? That's cool! Anyway, I left a message on one of your old blogs..the Iwo Jima one. Hopefully you're a person that checks their comments, unlike others I know. Hehe. Well, good blog. :)