Ephesians 2

I am preaching through the book of Ephesians -- and this week, we're covering the second chapter. I'm encouraging all our people to read the passage ahead of time, so they can arrive on Sunday morning with prepared hearts.

You can find it by clicking here (Bible Gateway)

Some questions to ponder as you read the passage:

1) What "deadens" us?

2) What makes us Alive?

3) What does this passage say about our good works?

4) What walls of hostility (alienation) should be broken down? How?

5) What does it mean to be "Built Together as a Temple?"

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:08 AM

    Hi Mark,
    These two sentences made a huge difference in my whole being.

    21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.

    22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

    I read recently that Jesus was more eastern in his orientation, more spiritually based than in the carnal. When I worship inside in my bedroom I feel just as close to God as I do outside in the rain, wind and snow. When Jesus stepped in, he took my soul closer to the reality of God which is not here on earth but in a clearer connection unseen and in my soul.
    Jesus took away the physical temples, the bloody sacrifices, the whole empire of religianity and left me with a voice and a heart filled with God. The purpose of churches and priests is to do the works to spread that gospel that we all have a connection to God, (not just an elite group) and to shoulder the task of teaching.
    I am sure you will be talking about the importance of "works" in service to the body of Christ.
    Have a wonderful day. Andi Wittwer
    PS I forgot my blogger name.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession