A brief synopsis of last Sunday's sermon from Ephesians 1
There are many ways people relate to Christ:
A. Christ is An Enemy (but He's still reaching out to you)
B. Christ is A Stranger (go deeper!)
C. Christ is an Aquaintance (or Familiar Stranger) (Go deeper!)
D. Christ is a Helper (true -- but go deeper!)
E. Christ is a Friend (the best friend you'll ever have -- but go deeper!)
F. Christ is Savior (a glorious truth -- but you can still go deeper!!!)
Here's the deepest level -- and it is the secret to spiritual victory:
1) I am blessed in heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing (v. 3)
2) I was chosen before creation to be holy and blameless (v. 4)
3) Glorious grace has been feely given to me (v. 6)
4) I have redemption and forgiveness of sins (v. 7)
5) I have wisdom and understanding by' the riches of God's grace (v. 8)
6) I know the mystery of God's will and how to please Him (v. 9)
7) I am destined to fulfill God's plans (v. 12)
In Christ. . . I am Blessed
In Christ. . . I am Chosen
In Christ . . . I am Redeemed and Forgiven
In Christ . . . I'm Destined for Glory
. . . AND YOU ALSO WERE INCLUDED!!!!! (v. 13)
It's for YOU! It's for YOU!
. . . YOU were marked with a Seal -- the Holy Spirit
. . . YOU have received the deposit for the GREAT inheritance!!
What does that mean?
A. Like a plant in toxic soil -- uprooted and transplanted into Good Soil.
B. Like swimming -- instead of wading around on the edges, jump off the high dive!