In Christ

A brief synopsis of last Sunday's sermon from Ephesians 1

There are many ways people relate to Christ:
A. Christ is An Enemy (but He's still reaching out to you)
B. Christ is A Stranger (go deeper!)
C. Christ is an Aquaintance (or Familiar Stranger) (Go deeper!)
D. Christ is a Helper (true -- but go deeper!)
E. Christ is a Friend (the best friend you'll ever have -- but go deeper!)
F. Christ is Savior (a glorious truth -- but you can still go deeper!!!)

Here's the deepest level -- and it is the secret to spiritual victory:

IN CHRIST

1) I am blessed in heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing (v. 3)

2) I was chosen before creation to be holy and blameless (v. 4)

3) Glorious grace has been feely given to me (v. 6)

4) I have redemption and forgiveness of sins (v. 7)

5) I have wisdom and understanding by' the riches of God's grace (v. 8)

6) I know the mystery of God's will and how to please Him (v. 9)

7) I am destined to fulfill God's plans (v. 12)


Summed Up:

In Christ. . . I am Blessed
In Christ. . . I am Chosen
In Christ . . . I am Redeemed and Forgiven
In Christ . . . I'm Destined for Glory

. . . AND YOU ALSO WERE INCLUDED!!!!! (v. 13)

It's for YOU! It's for YOU!

. . . YOU were marked with a Seal -- the Holy Spirit

. . . YOU have received the deposit for the GREAT inheritance!!

What does that mean?
A. Like a plant in toxic soil -- uprooted and transplanted into Good Soil.
B. Like swimming -- instead of wading around on the edges, jump off the high dive!

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:05 AM

    In Christ. . . I am Blessed
    In Christ. . . I am Chosen
    In Christ . . . I am Redeemed and Forgiven
    In Christ . . . I'm Destined for Glory

    . . . AND YOU ALSO WERE INCLUDED!!!!! (v. 13)

    It's for YOU! It's for YOU!

    Mark,
    Glad to see you included outreach. It is not all about me, it is about you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession