I was ordained July 10, 1987, when General Superintendent, Dr. Earle Wilson, laid hands on me, shook my hand, and declared, "Take Thou Authority to Preach the Word!" I was thinking about that recently, and began to wonder how far back I could go with the succession of my ordination. So, I did a little research. I was ordained by Earle Wilson Earle Wilson was ordained by Pilgrim Holiness General Superintendent, William Neff William Neff was ordained by the Pilgrim founder, Seth Rees Seth Rees was ordained by Nazarene founder, Phineas Bresee Phineas Bresee was ordained by Methodist Bishop, Levi Scott Levi Scott was ordained by Elijah Hedding. Elijah Hedding was ordained by Francis Asbury Francis Asbury was ordained by a renegade Anglican priest named John Wesley John Wesley was ordained by Anglican Bishop (of Oxford) John Potter. From Potter -- there's a trail all the way back to St. Peter!! You can see the chart here. (Potter is at the bottom of the page #90. Now, how abo...
Hey Mark,
ReplyDeleteI've been tinkering with this blog 'stuff' for a little over a year. I stopped posting around the time I began to plan a move and remodel our new home. However, over the last year, I have been working on a project, in effort to understand how and why people are apostate and just plain not understanding the salvation they say they have accepted.
My background is in the Church of the Nazarene. Obviously, we are spiritual cousins.
I decided to revive my blog in response to a report given by the American Family Association. The report gave a statistic that says only 6% of people who call themselves Christians truely understand the core message of the Bible. The project I spoke of earlier is being entered as my response to the AFA report. Would you please take a look at it and consider using it or refering people to it? http://deityquest.blogspot.com/
Email: jeleasure@comcast.net
Hello again.
ReplyDeleteJust want to clarify this project. There are seven chapters. For now, these chapters are listed in order of what I have most recently posted. I will be posting chapter four this evening. Currently, chapter three appears first in decending order.
I will rearrange them after all have been posted. Email me with a confirmation. If you are interested, I will keep you updated. Currently, I am working on a companion study guide for group use.
Jim
http://deityquest.blogspot.com/
jeleasure@comcast.net