Apostles and Earrings
I wonder if this belonged to one of the apostles? Simon the Zealot strikes me as the kind of guy who would wear an earring. I recall the time, when I was graduating from seminary, I received an invitation to start a new congregation in a college town. In the letter, they outlined the vision, the demographics of the community, and their expectations for the pastor. The letter ended with a p.s. -- "and of course, your wife will not be permitted to wear earrings." They forgot say anything about ME wearing earrings. For a while, I was tempted to go ahead, take the position, and get my ear pierced.
now that is funny. I am a little concerned about the list the author must have clearly copied from about why women should not be ordained.
ReplyDeletebut it does highlight that we all fall short of the glory of God. Praise God for the Holy Spirit which gives us a fighting chance at achieving good in this life.
It seems strange to me that many of the men in church once where beer drinking, fighting tough guys who learned there is a much better way when they found Jesus. Now we are being called effeminate and worse?
ReplyDeleteI'll take the way I am and the life I now lead in Christ any day before I would ever go back to being a "Tough guy" once again. As Paul said: Let me show you the most excellent way... Steve U