Sunday Evening Reflections

It has been a beautiful Sunday. At services today, we took some time in the service to pause and remember our loved ones who passed away over the last twelve months. We projected a photo of each person (there were 29) as I read their names aloud. We also included a moment to remember those who sacrificed their lives in the service of our country. The Memorial Day Tribute ended with Brittany Adams playing "Taps". It was a deeply moving experience.

I preached on the last half of Ephesians 6, "The Armor of God." In the message, I told the story of how God helped me overcome the fear of speaking in public through this verse.

After the last service, a young Native American man approached me. I could tell that God was really working in his heart. He asked me to pray that verse over him, which I joyfully agreed to do. I sense that God has special plans for this young man, as he continues to grow in grace.

In the afternoon, our family went to some graduation parties to congratulate our high school seniors. I remember when they were just toddlers. Now, they're young adults. It made me feel old, but fulfilled.

Following that, Hannah and I went to the hospital to visit a couple of our ailing parishioners. One situation was very sad and heartwrenching. In the hallway, headed back towards the parking lot, I noticed that Hannah had tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Dad, that's the first time I've cried for somebody in the hospital," she said. "I think that was the compassion of Jesus crying in you." I responded. It was a divine moment shared with my 11 year old daughter.

We decided to top it off by going fishing as the sun set over Hospital Lake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies