My Beautiful Idol


Just finished reading My Beautiful Idol by Pete Gall. This was one of those "can't put it down" books. Pete Gall shares his spiritual autobiography by unvarnished, earthy, humorous storytelling.

At first, I wasn't too keen on the title -- because I'm not into anything that seems to promote idolatry. However, Gall points out that much of what is done "in Christian service" is, in fact, about image -- a subtle form of "self-worship (or "my beautiful idol")
Powerful. Gripping. A great story. Funny and Free Flowing.

It's a great stretch for middle aged pastors inclined to be stuck in the mud.


Comments

  1. Sometime go to my blog and check the post "Do You Think Jonah - - -"

    It was not my original idea, but it is a GREAT one anyway and I think you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession