Katie's Wedding

This afternoon, I performed the wedding ceremony for David Riemer and Katie McCracken.

I was Katie's soccer coach when she was only four years old. The kids ran helter skelter up and down the field, and I tried to keep up. Once, the soccer game came to a screeching halt, because one of the players found a toad a midfield. Forgetting the match, they all gathered in a circle (both teams) and marveled at the little creature.

And now, Katie is all grown up and married!! Mrs. Riemer!! It's still hard for me to figure out how she grew up so quickly.

One of the joyful rewards of a long pastorate is to share life's passages with families, and to watch the children grow up. I found myself with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes a few times during the ceremony.

Both Katie and David love God, and hold deep faith. They are both from good and godly families. There is a huge benefit for young people raised in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

In keeping with Katie's great sense of humor, they played this for the recessional.

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:26 PM

    that does put a good twist on a wedding classic

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession