1. She had a Hard Life
- Bad decisions
- Jericho prostitute
- Baal worship -- child sacrifice, rampant immorality
- unworthy, unloved, unaccepted
2. She made a Hard Choice
- The decision: turn in the spies (be a "good citizen") or hide the spies (be "God's citizen")
- You can never make the necessary change if you are unwilling to make the hard decision.
3. She reaped a Harvest of Righteousness
- Her hard decision blessed her family (see Josh. 6) Her mother, father, brothers and sisters.
- She left a legacy -- married Salmon -- baby was Boaz -- husband of Ruth -- grandparents of David!
- If Rahab had not made the hard decision, we would not have most of the Psalms!
- Hebrews 11 -- Hall of Fame -- Rahab is there!
- Lineage of Jesus -- Matthew 1 -- Rahab is there too!
We had full house -- about 700 people -- with several out of town visitors.