A Heartbreaking Experience

Very early this morning, I was at the hospital with a dear couple who delivered a premature, stillborn baby.

In their grief, they looked to me, for answers that made some kind of sense. I didn't know what to say. There are no words sufficient for such a heart wrenching experience. It was so sad.

They asked me to baptize little LeAnn Marie. Surrounded by her loved ones, I held this precious infant in my arms, blessed her, baptized her and committed her into the loving arms of Jesus.

She was so fragile . . . yet beautiful and definitely cherished.

Please pray for LeAnn's mommy and daddy, as they walk the dark valley of grief.

As I drove home a little while ago, the hymn, "Children of the Heavenly Father" came to my mind:

Children of the heav’nly Father
Safely in His bosom gather;
Nestling bird nor star in Heaven
Such a refuge e’er was given.

God His own doth tend and nourish;
In His holy courts they flourish;
From all evil things He spares them;
In His mighty arms He bears them.

Neither life nor death shall ever
From the Lord His children sever;
Unto them His grace He showeth,
And their sorrows all He knoweth.

Though He giveth or He taketh,
God His children ne’er forsaketh;
His the loving purpose solely
To preserve them pure and holy.

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:13 PM

    Oh to remember that death has not won. And yet...we are sad. Very sorry to hear this story. Oh Lord, help us in our pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:34 PM

    Mark,

    my heart breaks for them and for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession