Some Recent Reads

Three books I've read recently:
1) The Stout-Hearted Seven: Orphaned on the Oregon Trail. by Neta Frazier
Frazier tells true and courageous adventure of the Sager children who bravely face starvation, disease, cold, crippling accidents, and finally, a massacre. I couldn't put the book down -- and now, I'm reading it aloud to my children. They're lives intersect with missionaries, Marcus and Narcissa Whitman. A great story -- and well written.

2) The Bright Forever by Lee Martin
A novel that makes you think about what goes on beneath the surface -- rather dark and depressing.


3) Firstlight by Sue Monk Kidd
A collection of inspirational writings. I love the way Kidd turns a phrase and captures the sublime in the ordinary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies