In Jesus' Name

This is not right.

Six Virginia State Police Chaplains were recently forced to resign because they publicly prayed "in Jesus' name."

Seems to me, ministers of the Gospel ought to be allowed to pray in the name of Jesus whenever they are asked to call upon Him.

As the Virginia Constitution states:
"All men are equally entitled to the free exercise of religion, according to the dictates of conscience, and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice CHRISTIAN forbearance, love, and charity towards each other."

“It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionist; but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ!”
-- Patrick Henry (Founding Father)

Comments

  1. Maybe this is why when I prayed at the wedding last weekend, someone came up to me and said "Thank you for praying in Jesus' name. That's good!" I always pray in Jesus name, so I thought it kinda odd that he would say that, but this story sheds some light on it. I was just out of the loop.

    It makes my heart sad for our country when we are fighting over such things. In Jesus' name, I will be praying for us......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings