Fred

Yesterday morning, I was called to the bedside of my friend, Fred, who is dying of cancer. I was deeply honored that he had invited me to come and enter this part of his life with him.

I wasn't sure where Fred stood spiritually, and prayed all the way to his house that a door would open, and that I would be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's promptings. I didn't want to be pushy -- but I knew Fred needed assurance and peace.

The Lord arranged everything beautifully. We were able to talk deep. I shared several verses of Scripture, sang a few hymns, and prayed. God was present. The whole room was filled with love.

At the end of our conversation, Fred shared a clear testimony of his faith -- that he is trusting in the Lord completely.

I don't know how many days my friend has left upon this earth -- but I do know the peace of God will sustain him.

This Sunday, we're going to light the faith candle for Fred.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wesleyan Apostolic Succession

Financial Struggles Help Us Grow