Joy to the World and Hallelujah!!

Yesterday, Cathy and I hosted the Pastoral Staff Christmas Breakfast. Including spouses and a few children, there were about 20 people jammed into our living room. As I looked around, my heart was filled with thankfulness for these dedicated men and women. We have a great ministry team at Hayward Wesleyan Church.

We're not exactly the same. Each person is unique, and has his/her own special gift and perspective to bring to each situation. Our ministry together is not normally "singing in unison", but we do a fantastic job of singing in harmony -- and that's much better. Ask any choir director!!

We finished the party by singing "Joy to the World" together.

Later in the day, I stepped into the rehearsal of the homeschool teen musicians preparing for their Christmas program -- with electric guitars, drums, keyboard, violin and bass. They were rockin' out ""Joy to the World." Splendid! Splendid! Isaac Watts would give two thumbs up.

Late afternoon found Cathy and I going on a double date with our dear friends, Steve and Linda to a Handel's Messiah Sing-a-long.

We stopped for a quick bite at Culver's, and to our surprise, there was a lady in there playing Christmas songs on a portable organ. That's the first fast food I've ever had with organ accompaniment. I went to the lady and requested "Joy to the World", which she gladly fulfilled.

Never did a burger and fries taste so heavenly! Let heaven and nature sing.

Finally, we made our way to the Mitchell Auditorium, where we joined the audience-choir, and sang the Messiah. Well, Cathy and Linda sang, I bumbled along after the beared bass sitting in front of me, and even Steve joined in on the Hallilujah Chorus!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession