Leading by Preaching

My friend, John Jackson, recently shared a good post about leading via preaching. Of course, the pastoral nurture of the individual is vitally important. It is also important, however, to speak to the group -- a charge to this specific body of believers.

Kingdom Impact increases in our ministry when we recognize that we are preaching BOTH to the individual and to the congregation. Both are needed, and the effective preacher is both aware of the opportunity and the privilege to address both needs.

Pastoral Questions:
What does it say?
What does it mean to me?
What should I do?
How does this speak to my present?

Leadership Questions:
What does it mean?
What does it mean to us?
What changes should we make?
How does this speak to our future?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession