The Rick Warren Flap

Listening to the news, one would think that Obama picked Fred Phelps to say the Inauguration Prayer. The virulent backlash is unwarranted. President-elect Obama is right to hold his ground on this one.

The irony is that if you look at the wide spectrum between conservative fundamentalism and left-wing liberalism, Rick is in the middle between them. He's a moderate, for heaven's sake!

Some are calling him a gay-hating bigot.
At the same time, fundamentalist watchdog groups are calling him a wolf in sheep's clothing.

John Leo has made some insightful observations at Huffington Post.

The problem with being a bridge is that you get stepped on from both sides!

Comments

naomi said…
John Leo's phrase, "organized tantrum," pretty much sums it up. I can just see our heavenly Father watching.

Also your comment about the bridge is excellent. And consider this--if you refuse to use the bridge, is there an easier way to get where you want to go? Probably not.
Anonymous said…
Again, most are shouting, a few are whispering. But...who is listening. AND I am talking about both ends of the bridge.

If they advance to to the middle of the bridge, I would like to see the bridge collapse and all be dumped into the icy water below to cool-off.
Anonymous said…
Mark,

Would you have accepted this invitation is asked?
mark o wilson said…
Well, I didn't get asked,so I don't have to worry about it.

If I were asked, I'd pray about it and do what I felt God was directing me to do at that time.
Anonymous said…
I bet YOU would have been asked if Hillary had been elected. HEE HEE HA HA

Popular posts from this blog

Great Computer Cookies

Shepherds and Wise Men Both Made it to Bethlehem