When the Soul Mends

I don't really know why I agreed to review When the Soul Mends by Cindy Woodsmall. It's a chick book! Now, I love good literature -- more than most men, probably -- but I'm not "chick-a-fied!!"

My wife, Cathy, saw it lying around, picked it up -- and for a few days, she disappeared. I'd find her curled up a blanket, a cup of tea, and When the Soul Mends.

"Oooo -- This is good," she said, "really good."
Aha! Eureka!! My way out of having to read the chick book -- and still fulfill my commitment to review it! I could review When the Soul Mends vicariously!!

"Sooo, Cathy, honey, if you were to describe this book to a friend, what would you say?" I threw the line out casually.

"It's one of those. . . you know. . . Amish romance novels."

Hmmmm. Now that's something I don't know much about. I didn't realize that Amish and romance went together. The only thing close to Amish romance I've ever encoutered was Harrison Ford's "Witness" and Weird Al's classic hit, "Amish Paradise." (but I seriously doubt that Cathy was thinking of Weird Al when she said that.)

Nevertheless, Cathy insists that it's wonderfully romantic -- and a great read for those who like that sort of thing! I'll take her word for it. She says it's the third in The Sisters of the Quilt series, and now she wants to read the first two.

Sample Chapter Here

Purchase Here

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:44 AM

    I worked at a Christian book store last year for a while. Women would buy those books by the case. We have a strong group of Mennonites in our county who were our best "romance novel" customers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession