Relevant Revival

In light of my last post, here's another great conference for pastors in "The Sticks" Some good articles here to challenge us as well.

Looks to me like there are some differences between these two conferences.

Here's my interpretation:

The RHMA Conference says the great need of rural churches is revival.
The Sticks Conference says the great need of rural churches is relevance.

I believe we need a good dose of BOTH -- starting with revival in our hearts and relationships - then engaging our world missionally, in a transparent and relevant way.

I say the great need of the rural church is Relevant Revival!

Comments

  1. couldn't agree more bro...

    charles hill: founder of the sticks.

    we should add that to the site...i think we will.

    we assume the first premise...guess we should verbalize it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession