A Wesleyan Hermeneutic

Last week, several scholars, church leaders and pastors met in Indianapolis for a Doctrinal Symposium on Hermeneutics: How Wesleyans Interpret Scripture.

In limited doses, I love events like this. I was looking forward to attending -- but another commitment (unexpected wedding) derailed my plans.

Most of the presenters are my good friend -- and they certainly do a great job of stretching both mind and heart.

You can find the papers which were presented and a brief synopsis by Dr. Tom Armiger here. Plenty of good meat to chew on!

Keith Drury, in a rare move, emerged from his summer writing sabbatical and posted his perspective here.

Comments

  1. Is it just me, or is that word, "hermeneutic" just a really, really, FUNNY word!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark O Wilson11:46 AM

    I think it's a Christian Rock Band from the 70's: Herman and the Hermeneutics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:21 PM

    Or maybe it is a study on how to be a ladies man. Her-Man-eutics

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking more along the lines of a eunuch named Herman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pee Wee Hermaneutics

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession