I'm not really a party animal. In fact, usually, if I'm invited to a party of some sort or another, I try to find a good reason to graciously decline the invitation. It's not that I don't enjoy people, mind you. In general, they're fantastic. Like Will Rogers said, "I've never met a man I didn't like." I am thankful for all my good friends. Yep, I like people a lot -- but I dislike going to parties. (Although, if I get stuck and actually end up attending one, it usually turns out better than I imagined. In the car, on the way home, I've heard Cathy say more than once, "There now, that wasn't so bad, was it?" I reply with a mumble and grunt, because I know she's right. Still -- I'm not an eager party-goer, and seriously doubt if I will ever become one. Do you know what kind of party is the most common? Birthday? Graduation? Aniversary? You'll never guess! The party held most frequently is. . . The Pity Party! As a minis...
That's right! It takes a lot less time to thank someone than it does to recruit a new volunteer.
ReplyDeleteIt's unfortunate that there are many "leaders" who don't seem to possess those words in their vocabularies...
ReplyDeleteYes Naomi, you are right. So many of our churches are dying because the core leaders are constantly driving away dedicated people who desperately want to serve God in their church. Then the same leaders are always complaining about the low attendance. Then they are scouting for new people who they will in due time drive away also.
ReplyDelete"We appreciate you"
ReplyDelete"We need you"
"We accept you"
"We want you"
"We need your help"
"We love you"