Maybe It Wouldn't Hurt to Ask


ASK and you shall receive, that your joy might be full.” (John 16:24)

ASK, and it shall be given unto you. Seek and you shall find. Knock, and the door shall be opened unto you.” (Matthew 7:7)

ASK of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance.” (Psalm 2:8)

“One thing I ASK of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple”. (Psalm 27:4)

“They ASKED, and he brought them quail and satisfied them with the bread of heaven. (Psalm 105:40)

ASK the Lord your God, for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or the highest heights.” (Isa. 7:10)

The Sad Response: But Ahaz said, ‘I will not ASK. . .” (Isa. 7:11)

“If you would ASK, then ask; and come back yet again. (Isa. 21:12)

A Sad Word of Judgment: “They did not ASK, ‘Where is the Lord?” (Jer. 2:6-8)

“This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ASK for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.” (Jer. 6:16)

ASK and see. . .” (Jer. 30:6)

“They will ASK the way to Zion and turn their faces toward it. They will come and bind themselves to the LORD in an everlasting covenant that will not be forgotten.” (Jer. 50:5)

“I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we ASKED of you. . .” Dan. 2:23)

“I ASKED, ‘What are these, my lord?" The angel who was talking with me answered, "I will show you what they are.’” (Zech. 1:9)

ASK the LORD for rain in the springtime; it is the LORD who makes the storm clouds. He gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone.” Zech. 10:1

"Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ASK, 'How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings. (Mal. 3:8)

“For everyone who ASKS receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.” (Matt. 7:8)

“Which of you, if his son ASKS for bread, will give him a stone? Or, if he ASKS for fish, will give him a snake? ” (Mat. 7:9)

“If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ASK him!” (Matt. 7:10)

“When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, ASKING for help.” (Matt. 8:5)

“The men were amazed and ASKED, ‘What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!’" (Mat. 8:27)

ASK the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." (Mat. 9:38)

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ASK for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.” (Mat. 18:19)

“If you believe, you will receive whatever you ASK for in prayer." (Mat.21:22)

“But they did not understand what he meant and were afraid to ASK him about it.” (Mk. 9:32)

“’What do you want me to do for you?’ Jesus ASKED. . .” (Mk. 10:51)

“Therefore I tell you, whatever you ASK for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” (Mk. 11:24)

“He sent them to the Lord to ASK, ‘Are you the one who was to come, or should we expect someone else?’" (Lk. 7:19)

“Jesus answered her, ‘If you knew the gift of God and who it is that ASKS you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.’" (John 4:10)

“I will do whatever you ASK in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.” (John 14:13)

“You may ASK me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” (John 14:14)

“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ASK whatever you wish, and it will be given you.” (John 15:7)

“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ASK in my name.” (John 15:16)

“. . .I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ASK in my name.” (John 16:23)

“. . . ASK and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.” (John 16:24)

“In that day you will ASK in my name . . .” (John 16:26)

“I keep ASKING that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.” (Eph. 1:17)

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ASK or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” (Eph. 3:20-21)

“For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and ASKING God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.” (Col. 1:9)

“The widow who is really in need and left all alone puts her hope in God and continues night and day to pray and to ASK God for help.” (1 Tim. 5:5)

“If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ASK God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he ASKS, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.” (Jas. 1:5-6)

“When you ASK, you do not receive, because you ASK with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.” (Jas 4:3)

“Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ASK, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.” (1 John 3:21-22)

“And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ASK—we know that we have what we asked of him.” (1 John 5:15)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession