40 Loaves


I recently had the privilege of reading a delightful little devotional book, 40 Loaves, by C. D. Baker. (A sample copy was provided for review by the publisher.)

It's a 40 day discipleship journey, for those who are hungry for more than the stale crusts the world has to offer.

Through a series of thought provoking questions, Baker challenges the reader to dig deeper spiritually and emotionally.

Each chapter heading is a question, such as the following:

Why can't I overcome sin in my life?
Why are my feelings hurt so easily?
Why don't I know what I want in life?
Why am I so desperate to be understood?
Why am I stuck in the past?
Why do I always feel exhausted?
Why have I stopped dreaming?


The answers, though brief, provide excellent insights and each chapter concludes with a list of " food for thought" questions for further personal reflection.

40 Loaves would make an outstanding Lenten resource for congregations or individuals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Financial Struggles Help Us Grow

Wesleyan Apostolic Succession