Easter Earthquake


My friend, Wendy, teaches college in California and is earning her doctorate at my alma mater, Fuller Theological Seminary.

This week, she sent me this delightful message regarding the earthquake they experienced on Easter Sunday:

Pastor Mark: As you can imagine, all the talk around the water coolers and in the grocery store lines here is about Sunday's earthquake. In the middle of Trader Joe's in my town a woman cried out gleefully,

"Oh, my! When the house started shaking I thought to myself. . .

'Hallelujah! Christ is coming back on Easter Sunday!!!---and then I found myself so disappointed when it stopped!'"

You don't hear Christ's name mentioned too often in southern California so this comment just made my day!!!

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:01 PM

    Matthew 28
    The Resurrection
    1After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
    2There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

    5The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession