The Knots Prayer

I shared this prayer in church yesterday morning:

Dear God,
please untie the knots
that are in my mind,
my heart and my life.
Remove the have nots,
the can nots and the do nots
that I have in my mind.

Erase the will nots,
may nots, and
might nots that find
a home in my heart.

Release me from the could nots,
would nots and
should nots that obstruct my life.

And most of all, dear God,
I ask that you remove from my mind
my heart and my life all of the am nots
that I have allowed to hold me back,
especially the thought
that I am not good enough.

Amen.



(Author Unknown -- HT Fr. Austin Fleming)

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:27 AM

    People who spend their lives only seeing the 'knots' miss out on all the beautiful things God has planned for them that they can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry2:07 PM

    That's a great prayer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession