IWU Grad Killed By Taliban


Sad news from my Alma Mater.

Cheryl Marie Beckett, who graduated with honors from Indiana Wesleyan University in 2000, was among the 10 medical volunteers who were shot to death last week in Afghanistan by the Taliban. She was 32 years old.

“The entire Indiana Wesleyan University family is shocked and saddened to learn of the brutal death of this courageous young woman,” Dr. Henry Smith, IWU President, said.

More here


So sad. I cannot comprehend a religion that condones such atrocity.

Comments

  1. May the lord take action against these people who defy him. And I pray for the woman's family. May they find the love in the light to get through this horrible event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This news has rocked Marion.

    I did not know the young lady, but it is heart breaking nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:04 PM

    I cannot comprehend any religion that condones any atrocity. So so sad when bad things are done in the name of religion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession