Have a Good Day

The other day as I was traveling out of town, I talked with a grumpy sales clerk.
"How are you today?" I asked.

"Terrible!" she replied, "This is a rotten day. It started out bad and has been going downhill ever since."

I noticed that it was only 9:00 a.m. and said, "I think it's a little early to say the whole day is going to be bad. I'll bet the worst is over and that things will start getting better from here!"

The guy behind me in line chimed in, "It'll probably get better for a little bit - but then it's gonna get worse! That's the way life is. It always gets worse."

“Thanks for the encouragement, buddy,” I thought.

Surrounded by pessimists! My optimism-spreading effort had gone over like a lead balloon.

As I drove away, I felt bad for those poor folks. They didn't realize that, for the most part, our attitude determines our happiness.

Don't let your circumstances dictate whether or not it's going to be a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession