Bin Laden's Death

Comments

  1. Love and War: There are no winners where we destroy the capacity to Love. In war, also, there are no winners, only survivors.
    I pray that through the tragedy our country has gone through we don't forget to Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't celebrate the slaughter of any human being.

    I do not condone Osama's actions and yes, I'm thankful he can do no more harm.

    But did we afford him his basic human rights?

    I do not fault the Seals who followed orders and did their job - - - -

    But have we as a country moved beyond our own laws? Have we fallen into the trap of letting the end justify the means?

    There is no celebration in my heart tonight.

    There is a link on my blog to a very thoughtful young man named Heath, I believe you would like to read what he wrote about these events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this quote in a comment on another blog. It is so apropo.

    "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that" - MLK Jr.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession