Reflections from Greater Ohio Family Gathering

It was truly an honor to speak at the Greater Ohio Wesleyan District Family Gathering last week, held at Mt. Vernon Nazarene University. Jeff Mansell, their District Superintendent, an outstanding leader, is moving the work forward in Buckeye Land.

Growing up, I attended this event annually (though at that time it was located at rustic Victory Camp in Westerville, Ohio), and some of my fondest childhood memories are from there.

Cathy and Hannah travelled with me on this trip, and we picked up my 88 year old mother along the way. Thus,I was privileged to share this experience with the three most important ladies in my life!

My earliest memory is standing on a chair before the vast congregation at Victory Camp, singing "O Happy Day" at the top of my lungs when I was just two years old. My momma bribed me with ice cream.

Last week, during Saturday night's rally, a dynamic worship team led us in a rockin' rendition of "O Happy Day", which delighted me. Different version -- but the same idea. It brought me back to the chair -- but,this time, Momma didn't bribe me with ice cream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession