Theology of the Hammer

Millard Fuller, founder of Habitat for Humanity, often referred to the "theology of the hammer" when speaking of putting his faith into action and investing energy to provide housing for others.

I've been applying that same principle this week as I've gotten away from my desk and joined the FLAME Gives Back Mission Team in their projects.

This has been a good eye-opener for me.  In recent years, I've been too much in the office and not enough "out in the field."

Of course, there are many administrative demands, and communications required to lead a church of our size and complexity -- yet, this week, I'm realizing that the finest ministry is in the trenches rather than in the office.

I'm reminded that "the view of the world is extremely limited from behind a desk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession