Dug Down Deep

Dug Down Deep: Unearthing What I Believe and Why it Matters, by Josh Harris, is an excellent read. 

My preview copy (sent via the publisher) arrived in the mail yesterday, and I've already finished it.  Couldn't put it down!

In this book, Harris accomplishes something I've never seen before:  autobiographical theology.  In other words, he takes the grand doctrines of the Christian faith and shows how they have personally applied to his life.  I guess you could call it "practical theology."

Josh Harris is an engaging writer.  I have never been so drawn into a theology book before.  In fact, sometimes, I forgot that's what it was!

Of course, we must remember that there are many different doctrinal nuances and interpretations.  Harris comes from somewhat of a Reformed perspective with charismatic leanings (I didn't know such a bird existed!)   Yet, in the general sense, he steers away from doctrinal distinctives, to a basic, but strong orthodoxy.

I was inspired.

You can purchase a copy here.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession