Understanding A Worldview

In my sermon this morning, I used This Insightful Graphic from The Truth Project.  It does a great job of showing how our theology is foundational for everything else in life.

I also mentioned that I would post the Four Big Questions that worldviews address:

1. Origin – where did we come from?
2.  Problem – what’s wrong with the world?
3.  Solution – how do we fix it?
4.  Purpose – why am I here?

Homework:
I gave a homework assignment at church today--   to run run a favorite television program, music group, movie or book through the grid of these questions, seeking to discover the worldview of the person who created it.

Comments

  1. naomi8:40 AM

    Thanks for the link to the graphic! It really shows how everything is connected and why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy Cowell1:18 PM

    I was very interested to see that the tv shows I ran through the "Big Four" all followed the same theme. Family, turns to family, for support, and to share love. I found that Comming from God, getting through life's trials, we can get and give love through the storm of trials and conflict. I could see that my foundation came from my study of the New testament and I found strength and peace with that knowledge being re-installed to my current mindset from the dusty recesses where it had gotten set aside. Thank you, and I look forward to this weeks message Pastor Mark! You are a blessing to so many!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings