Prayer Diapers

My book, Filled Up, Poured Out, releases tomorrow! Order your copy today via Amazon, Wesleyan Publishing House, or if you live in Hayward, come get a copy from me, and I'll sign if for you!

I am really excited about how God is going to use it.  So far, from those who have read preview copies, the response has been overwhelming.  I pray this book will be a source of refreshment and encouragment for all the readers -- especially those who serve in ministry.

Here's a brief excerpt from my chapter on prayer:

 Back when we had kids in diapers, Cathy lamented to our small group that she struggled to carve out time to pray. “No matter how early I rise, the baby gets up earlier. It’s non-stop until I collapse in bed, exhausted, with hardly a moment between bottles and battles. Finding time to pray is hard when your whole life is consumed with changing diapers.”

 “Every diaper is a prayer, young lady,” John, a feisty grandpa, asserted. “Anything done for the love of God is prayer, and don’t you ever forget that!”

The spiritual implications of dirty diapers tickled my funny bone, but struck a deep chord with Cathy, affirming her labors and reminding her of God’s special grace for those facing the messes of motherhood. At about 2:00 a.m. the next morning, when the baby squalled, Cathy nudged me and said, “Prayer time.”

Comments

  1. Amazing. I needed that. I have never abandoned everything to be a caregiver before, never given up my freedom for another. Child-rearing is similar, although I was still in my own home. Here I have no solid ground, nothing certain.
    I will post this today as it relates to care giving and will bless other caregivers. :-)
    I rejoice with you in your book release. Am definitely looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession